Meet your guide at your Luang Prabang hotel and transfer to the pier, where your boat will be waiting for you. Soak up the scenery as you set out along the Mekong River and glide past a patchwork of rice paddies, orchards and fishing villages. After around 1.5 hours, arrive at Ban Xang Hay, a village renowned for its traditional weaving and production of ‘Lao Lao’ rice wine. Immerse yourself in local life as you stroll through the village, then tuck into a lunch of delicious Lao cuisine.
After lunch, jump back aboard your boat and continue to the Pak Ou Caves, carved into a cliffside at the meeting point of the Mekong and Nam Ou rivers. Follow your guide into the lower cave of Tham Ting, then climb the steps to the upper cave of Tham Phun. Marvel at the mind-boggling number of Buddha icons on display in Tham Phun – some 3,000 statues, ranging from a few inches tall to human-height. As you explore the cave, learn more about the Buddhas from your guide and hear how the cave has become an important place of pilgrimage for local Buddhists.
Back on the boat, set off toward Luang Prabang and stop along the way to explore the village of Ban Xieng Mene and peek into Vat Long Khoune, a temple known for its striking murals. Finally, arrive back in Luang Prabang and end your tour with drop-off at your hotel.
- Full-day cruise to Pak Ou Caves from Luang Prabang
- Cruise down the Mekong River and explore the waterfront villages
- Learn about unique Lao traditions including colorful handicrafts and rice wine
- Tuck into a Lao-style lunch in Ban Xang Hay village
- Marvel at the Pak Ou Caves, filled with sacred Buddha icons
- Great-value tour includes lunch and round-trip hotel transport
Exclusions Additional beverages (available for purchase)
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by boat
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off