This morning we drive to Ban Phong Van about 5kms outside Luang Prabang on the road to the Khang Xi waterfall, among lush rice fields and overlooked by wooded hills and mountains to join in a Living Rice Farm where they grow organic vegetables, salads, herbs and rice and supply leading restaurants and hotels in Luang Prabang. Coming here you will be shown how rice is grown on the farm, experience the life of a farmer and try your hand at some of the activities. Or just view it all from the comfort of our traditional Lao rice house balcony, which is surrounded by rice terraces and our organic vegetable farm. All the family can join in and there are great photo opportunities.
- Luang Prabang Rural Farm Experience
- Spend the day outside the city at Living Land Farm
- Work alongside locals and learn the ins and outs of farm life
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- The ideal way to experience local life