Create your dream tour of Tokyo during a 4- or 8-hour private, custom tour with a guide. Whether you’re into food, Japanese culture, history, shopping or something more specific, you can design an exploration that’s right for you. Select your desired tour length of either a half-day tour (4 hours) or a full-day tour, (spanning 8 hours) and how much sightseeing you’d like to fit into it. The choice is yours, ranging from leisurely walking tours, utilizing Tokyo’s excellent public transport system, to an upgrade with private vehicle to whisk you between the city’s top sights. Read below for some potential options you might visit during your custom designed trip.
Half-day custom tour on foot or by private vehicleIf you’ve selected a half-day tour upon booking, your guide can arrange a visit to several Tokyo attractions or city neighborhoods. Four hours allows plenty of time to learn how to pay a proper visit to Meiji Shrine, then try a few snacks or even go sake tasting if you wish (own expense). You might enjoy the amazing architecture and trendy shops of Harajuku, Omotesando and Shibuya neighborhoods, or head to Akihabara for electronics, video games and Japanese manga. Full-day custom tour on foot or by private vehicleEight hours of sightseeing allows you to take in even more of the city. Start with a visit to Tsukiji, the world’s largest wholesale fish and seafood market. Or perhaps head to downtown Tokyo and its fantastic museums, enjoying a bit of the old Tokyo that remains in the street food and traditional shops. How about touring the Imperial Palace or Hamarikyu Garden, where you can appreciate the magnificent view while enjoying traditional sweets and green tea? See Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, especially beautiful in the autumn, or Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, a mix of traditional Japanese and Western design. During a restaurant lunch, get to know the many ingredients common to Japanese cuisine. At a sake brewery, learn how sake is made and try a few varieties (own expense). No matter what your interests are, there’s always a great neighborhood to explore in Tokyo. Consider the upscale Ginza, a famous shopping district where fashion brands as well as shops selling Japanese swords, bonsai, kimonos and green tea can be found. Get a sense of Tokyo during the Edo period in Asakusa, or head to Shinjuku’s bright lights and hidden alleys, full of tiny bars with big personalities. If you’d like, you can watch aikido or even take a lesson, or try your hand at a calligraphy class (own expense) — your wishes are the limit!
- Customized private tour of Tokyo
- Let an experienced guide help you create a half-day or full-day sightseeing itinerary
- See city attractions like Meiji Shrine and the Imperial Palace, or discover Tokyo neighborhoods, depending on your interests
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (if full-day tour selected)
- Explore the city by train and subway, or upgrade for transport by comfortable, private vehicle
Including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Exclusions Additional beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if transfer option selected)
- Meet-and-greet service at hotel (for tours without transfer)
- Transport by private vehicle (if transfer option selected)
- Transportation fares (for tours without transfer)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees for selected attractions
- Lunch (full-day option only)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Fees for optional tours, activities and lessons
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operation dates for attractions are subject to availability
- Visiting optional attractions may incur an additional fee. Please consult with tour operator for any questions
- Additional expenses will be advised upon discussion with our tour operator, based on the customized itinerary