You will be picked up at your hotel in Luang Prabang early in the morning to experience the tranquility of the World Heritage–listed town at dawn. Observe Tak Bat, the monks’ alms ceremony that takes place each morning on the streets. You will see monks in saffron robes walking in long, silent processions and accepting offerings left to them by devout Buddhists. Your personal guide will explain the significance of this ancient tradition.
Next, walk to the morning market and absorb the vibrant atmosphere while trying some tasty food (own expense). Afterward, you will visit Van Senne, which translates as ‘Temple of 100,000 Treasures.’ Then continue to Vat Xieng Thong, also known as the Temple of the Royal City, a vast complex of sacred buildings, considered the town’s most beautiful temple.
On a tour of the Luang Prabang Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre (TAEC), learn about the various ethnic tribes of Laos.
After lunch (included), you’ll transfer by car to Ban Xang Khong and Ban Xieng Lek, villages famous for making traditional Saa paper made from mulberry. Used for writing, drawing, and a wide range of other products, it is the creativity that makes this paper a favorite item for visitors to Luang Prabang.
Lastly, enjoy the magnificent sunset at Wat Phabath and admire its combination of Thai, Lao, and Vietnamese architectural styles. When your full-day tour ends, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Full-day private tour of Luang Prabang
- Join the early morning Tak Bat ceremony
- Browse the city market and visit the handicrafts villages of Ban Xang Khong and Ban Xieng Lek
- See city landmarks like Van Senne and Vat Xieng temples
- Witness the sunset over Wat Phabath temple
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, round-trip transport and lunch
- Ideal introduction to Luang Prabang for first-time visitors or those short on time!
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Exclusions Additional beverages (available for purchase)
- Professional guide
- Transport by A/C private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking