Your tour begins when you are picked up from your accommodation by your driver and driven up to Tampaksiring Village. Your first stop is a charity visit to a village school. Next you will visit an organic farm to learn about Bali coffees and spices.
The starting point of your cultural walk is Pegulingan temple with its remaining archaeological Buddhist and Hinduism temples. You will then have a purifying blessing bath at Tirta Empul Temple. The walk continues to the 11th century temple of Gunung Kawi through native villages and the unexploited rainforest valley. Several breaks are made during the walk where fresh young coconut will be served as refreshment.
Visit the locals in their compound and you will learn how the Balinese people live in their community.
The walk ends with beautiful views of the hectares of rice fields while you learn about Bali’s old irrigation system of Subak Pulagan which is also one of the eldest Subak’s in Bali.
Finish with lunch in the Padi Organic restaurant surrounded by rice paddies in the village of Laplapan before being driven back to your accommodation.
- Full-day tour of the Pakerisan River from Ubud
- Visit sacred landmarks like the Tirta Empul holy spring and the Gunug Kawi temples
- Experience a purification ritual and visit a local school
- Lunch, refreshments and hotel pickup and drop-off in Ubud are included
- Receive personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour